KayakCanberra.com Forums
May 23, 2019, 07:59:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

FORUMS Home   KAYAKCANBERRA HOME Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: getting it out there  (Read 5286 times)
A.

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2006, 11:11:57 PM »

hey, like the site, it could become a good resource for canberra paddlers, just needs some members and some traffic. Have you put it around the mountain club paddle list? and if you still have any energy a sign for the noticeboard in wetspot could also give you/this some publicity.
alex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 05:09:48 AM »

A.

As of yet I have done very little advertising of the sites existence.  It started as just the river graphs for myself and a few friends then i decided to see if i could make it something more.  I am keen to turn it into a better resource before advertising it much myself.  Hopefully I can add a lot more content over the summer.

Alex.
A.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 12:14:13 PM »

cool, what kind of content were you aiming for? just more stories or more actual content like the river heights and put ins.
if its stories you want then john wilde could be an invaluable contact. he is one of the most dedicated and experienced paddlers in canberra and writes articles for a couple of magazines about his paddling exploits fairly regularly. that might mean that he doesnt really want them on the interweb but thats up to him. could be worth looking into?
also mick at wetspot could be pretty helpful for river details and heights etc, as well as which gauges to go off. just have to catch him when he isnt too busy.
(btw in the penrith pics are they stern squirts or just getting hammered? is that you paddling the diesel?)
alex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 12:39:45 PM »

Pics were taken by me, so I am not in any, it is Tim in the diesel.

Squirts - a little bit of both i think  Wink

Site - Looking mainly for guides to rivers, put ins, put outs, as well as more required heights etc.

Thanks for the tips, i have spoken to mick already and we should be sorting something out in the next few weeks.

If any one has anything they want to contribute, either post it up in the forums or fire me an email:

admin[at]kayakcaberra.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: